Cosmetic Orthodontics in Northridge
Northridge Laser Gum Recontouring with Dr. Berrios
At Holistic Orthodontics, we know that insecurities about your smile can extend beyond just your teeth. After hearing patients complain about the appearance of a “gummy” smile, we decided to take action. That’s when we started offering the state-of-the-art Spectralase Diode Laser in Northridge, the most technologically advanced laser available for laser gum recontouring.
To find out if laser gum recontouring in Northridge is right for you, contact us at Holistic Orthodontics at today!
How Does the Spectralase Diode Laser Work?
It is a laser procedure that is typically performed using a topical anesthetic. The process reshapes or re-sculpts the gumline by removing excess gum tissue around the teeth. While it typically isn’t necessary from a medical standpoint, it can help patients feel more confident about the shape and appearance of their teeth.
Goals of gum recontouring:
- It can reshape gingival tissue, creating a more even gum line for enhanced
- In cases where it is medically necessary, it can be used to uncover impacted
teeth to allow faster eruption so that further procedures can take place.
- It can reduce swelling of the gums around orthodontic appliances and improve
- It can free the mouth of problematic soft tissues that are placing tension
on the teeth.
Benefits of gum recontouring with the Spectralase Diode laser:
- Because the laser eliminates the need for cutting, general anesthesia is
typically not necessary, and topical anesthesia will suffice for most patients.
- Laser gum contouring is generally a comfortable procedure. Mild soreness
can occur, but typically does not last long. Only minimal bleeding occurs
from the laser as well.
- Once the gum tissue is removed, it does not form again, meaning that results
- The process is quick, taking between 15-30 minutes.
Dedicated to Your Satisfaction
Dr. David Berrios brings over 25 years of experience to the table. Our goal is to create ways to preserve your original teeth, and we will only perform procedures that we truly know are the right fit. Our team works diligently to ensure that you are satisfied with your smile and we are providing the best treatment for you.
Take a look at the photos below to see the enhancing power of laser gum recontouring with our Spectralase Diode laser, then contact us to schedule your first appointment!
“They get their work done fast and always have amazing result. My teeth are straight and perfect because of them.”
“They always explained everything and ensured I knew what was going on.”
“I am so grateful to Dr. Berrios and the whole staff!”
A - Z